Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My very first night home and My First month....

My first night home with mommy and daddy was a doozy. Earlier that day they released mommy from the hospital. She dressed me in the cutest going home outfit. Her friend Jenny (as I call her) or AKA Jennifer Angel from work gave me a oh so cute little pink outfit with pink pants, a onsie with lil cherries all over it and a pink zip up hoody. It was so cold going home so this was the perfect outfit. Mommy and Daddy got me home and inside the warm house where I got to meet my brothers for the first time. See they are boys and don't do the hospital thing so they didnt come see us, really they had work and school so I forgave them. They are big boys and when I get older I will have my very own body gaurds.


Well I slept off and on that day. mostly off. i was very wired up from being in my new place and trying to get used to being out of my mommy that I didnt really want to sleep. After a brief meet and greet with my family, mommy took me upstairs to rest. We settled in for the night so mommy and me could get some rest. Boy was mommy in for a surprise! Early that evening I decided to cry and cry and cry. I really never stopped crying. I started around 6pm and cried all night long. Mommy held me, rocked me, talked to me, swaddled me, she really did everything she could but I felt I needed to cry. Then daddy got up and walked me back and forth across the room for hours. Mommy finally called my granny at 4:30 am crying. She told granny that i just would not stop crying. Granny is so smart, she told mommy that I was just getting used to my new surrounding. Mommy hung up with granny and at 4:40am I finally was so tired I couldn't cry anymore.....

This is a picture of me my first night home my outfit my Jenny gave me....




My first month was a whirlwind.  I was kind of uncomfortable getting used to being outside my mommy's tummy.  Mommy was also uncomfortable as she had a big cut under her tummy that the doctor had to make to get me out.  My mommy's bed is so high up that daddy had to make her a step to get in and out of.   I spent the majority of my first month sleeping in the pretty boppy my Aunt Lacy and Uncle Brian got me.  My mommy would swaddle me and wrap me up to sleep. This month is also when I started to cry a lot. Slowly but surely leading up to being some challenging next months....
My eating wasn't so good when I got home so the doctor switched me from similac advantage to similac soy.  I did way better on that.  This first month is kind of a blur because I was so young.  You take in a lot when your first introduced to this big world so I don't have much to say.  I do know that mommy was really tired and in a lot of pain because of her cut.  Also I met so many people that my head started to spin so I think I started crying to deal with all the adjustments....
Here are some pics of me and my first month!


This was my first trip to the doctors office!

Asleep in my Bobby....

Mommy and Me watching my first SuperBowl!!!!! Go Saints!!!!


Mommy, Daddy and Me!
This is my very first day in the world. The sweet nurses had just cleaned me all up so I could look brand new!
This is my daddy holding me for the first time EVER!
My 2nd day in the world.  The photo people came in and wanted me to do a photo shoot so mommy put me in a cute little outfit with cherries on it that her friend Jenn gave me! I loved it and my pretty pink bow!
So young and I was even a ham for the camera then...
Me and the pretty hat my mommy ordered for me months before I was born.  She just couldnt wait to put it on me.
Me and daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment